Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A basic start

September is a great month to start off with a blog and today even more so. The first day of school. . .brought back such great memories for me of meeting my teachers, seeing my friends after a long time apart during the summer, new school supplies. I wasn't a brainiac, but a really good student who loved to learn. Now as a parent, I'm happy for the first day because my child is out the door and I can breathe a bit easier. Love her, don't like the mood swings and OD of her ADHD-inattentive persona.


This blog will cover a lot about being the parent of an ADHD teenage girl. Yes, you read correctly. Girls can definitely have it and as I have been learning, it is sorely underdiagnosed, misunderstood and not readily dealt with in schools. I hope to share the journey of misdiagnosis, school issues, friendship challenges and navigating through school beauracracy. You'll also hear about our personal struggles as a family as a whole, mom and daughter relations, counseling, high school years and hopefully the college process as we progress. There are joys also and I want to make sure to relate back to that even during the toughest times. I look forward to your comments and hope you enjoy the read.

No comments: